Derwent Procolour FAQs
The smooth pencil with exceptional fine detail, intense bright colour. Interested in trying out our Procolour pencil range but you have some questions?
Read our FAQs below to find out more information on these amazing pencils.
- What are Procolour pencils like to use?
- Is Procolour oil or wax-based?
- What size is the pencil core?
- How many colours are in the Procolour range?
- Who created the artwork on the tins of Derwent Procolour?
- Are Derwent Procolour Pencils Lightfast?
- Can I use Derwent Procolour with my other Derwent pencils?
- What techniques can I use my Procolour pencils for?
- Can I digitally reproduce my artwork?
- Can I blend Procolour pencils?
- Are Derwent Procolour pencils gluten free?
- Are Derwent Procolour pencils vegan?
- Are Procolour Pencils safe to use?
- What sharpener should I use with Derwent Procolour pencils?
Derwent Procolour pencils are strong, smooth, clean, colour pencils, with highly pigmented colour laydown. There is no dusting, chipping or smudging of the product and you can achieve excellent gradation from very light to strong.
Derwent Procolour is a wax-based product but when used it has a covering like oil.
The Procolour pencil core is 4mm.
We have a range of 72 carefully selected shades in rich and vibrant colours.
The artwork was created by Alexis Marcou, who also worked on our Derwent Graphic range.
72% of the Procolour colours will remain the same for up to 100 years under museum conditions
Yes, Derwent’s Procolour range has been formulated to be compatible with other Derwent pencil ranges.
Our Procolour pencils are blendable and blend beautifully with a range of mediums and artists accessories, including blending pens and paper stumps .
All our pencils are gluten free and free from wheat allergens and dextrin.
Our Procolour range contain no animal derived materials/ingredients but we cannot guarantee that the raw materials were not tested on animals.
All our pencils are made with ingredients that are safe to use and comply with ASTMd-4236 standards.
As Procolour has an extra coat of exterior lacquer, it works well with our Super Point range. For more information on sharpening, view our sharpening guide.
Ready to shop for Procolour products?